BAKED GOLDEN MYLK DONUTS + CHOCOLATE SWEET POTATO FROSTING
- 1/2 cup Oats, blended into flour
- 1 Ripe Banana, mashed
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Cardamom Pod, ground (or 1/4 tsp ground Cardamom)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Flax + 1 1/2 tbsp Water
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk, divided (or plant milk of choice)
- 1 small Sweet Potato, Roasted
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup (optional)
- Any additional donut toppings you would like!
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1/2 tbsp of ground flax with 1 1/2 tbsp water; stir well and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the oat flour, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, and baking powder to a bowl and mix together.
- Add in the mashed banana, 3 tbsp of almond milk, vanilla extract, and flax egg. Stir well.
- Pour into a donut mold, filling each donut up around 2/3 of the way. This made 4 donuts for me, but note that your donut mold may be slightly larger or smaller.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick can come cleanly out of a donut
- While the donuts are baking, prepare the chocolate frosting: simply peel the roasted sweet potato and add it to a food processor with the cacao powder, remaining tbsp of almond milk, and optional maple syrup, blending until thick and creamy
- Remove the donuts from the oven and let cool slightly
- Frost the donuts using either a piping bag or a knife, and top with any additional toppings you desire. I added some cacao nibs and a drizzle of tahini to mine!
Made by: Caitlin @frommybowl
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.